Upgrading to kernel 2.4.6 with old init program

Cindy Peters cinpet at adaptivemicro.com
Sat Sep 22 06:29:29 EST 2001

I am upgrading my Linux kernel from 2.2.13 to 2.4.6 on an MPC823. When the
kernel startup process gets to running the sbin/init program I am getting a
usage error for ld.so and then a kernel panic. It looks like it is
attempting to run ld.so. I am still using an old ramdisk with old versions
of executables that ran successfully on Linux 2.2.13. Have the file formats
changed somehow? Do I need to get the source for the executables and rebuild
them with the latest libraries? If so, where can I get them?

Thanks,

Cindy Peters
Adaptive Micro-Ware, Inc.