Problems with remote debugging on MBX860

Cal Erickson cal_erickson at mvista.com
Fri Sep 21 00:28:31 EST 2001

Pedro,
All  you need to add is the -ggdb option after the -g in your build of
your application. This option provides gdb with more information
about local variables that -g cannot. Everything else should be fine.
If you were going to debug a kernel using gdb you would not be
using gdbserver.

Cal Erickson
Pedro Parrilla wrote:

>  Hello!
>
>     I am debugging  a remote target (Hard Hat Linux on a MBX860) from my
>
> host (Red Hat Linux 7.0 on x86 PC) with ppc_8xx_gdb(cross-dev). I got to
> connect both with
> 'target extended-remote' directive in the host, and with gdbserver in
> the target, gdb can do STEP,RUN...and the like, but I can't see the
> variables values. If I try to print any local variable GDB response is
> 'incomplete type'. I've compiled with ppc_8xx-gcc and the 'g' option and
> I've  loaded the program in GDB with file 'program'...I don't Know what
> more I should do...Any bad
> configuration?
>
>  Thanks.

Cal Erickson                 MontaVista Software Inc.
Linux Consultant             1237 E. Arques Ave.
Phone (408) 328-0304         Sunnyvale CA 94085
Fax   (408) 328-9204         web http://www.mvista.com