Prblem of wirting with char module in mtd

weiwu weiwu at isdn.iscas.ac.cn
Thu Sep 20 18:29:30 EST 2001

Hello:
    I am trying to get flash board with mtd.
At the beginning I use it as a char module,but
I found there are some stranges in writing.

   1 It print "waiting for chip to be ready
timed out in bufwrite and so on" once in a while.
I found the scripts of it is notnecessary,
so I cancel  it.
   I wanna know the function of it.

   2 During writing ,I print the message of writing
and the value of writing address,it is OK!But when
I read the flash,I found the wrting is failed.
   I don not know why?

   3  I don not know how to erase the flash,and I wang to
use jffson into mtd.who can tell me the  step and the notice.

I work with an custom board MPC823 kernel 2.2.14.
The flash is Intel 28f320j5

            weiwu
            weiwu at isdn.iscas.ac.cn