MPC860(T) uart SCCs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 20 17:23:56 EST 2001

Hi,

> Iwork with an custom board MPC860T kernel 2.4.5. I will use all 4 SCC as uart RS485/RS232. The problem is, that SCC1 and SCC2 works fine and SCC3 and SCC4 not:

See our kernel version on ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src .
The uart driver included works on all 6 possible serial ports (2 x SMC,
4 x SCC) simultaneous, with support for hardware flow controll on all
4 SCC ports.

I've sent a patch for current kernel versions (2.4.10-pre?) to Tom Rini
several days ago. Don't know when it will make it into the official
source tree, if ever.