CPCI-405 port (PPC405GP)

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Sep 20 09:31:01 EST 2001

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:02:51PM -0400, Dan Malek wrote:

> Tom Rini wrote:
>
> > Er, yes.  But if there's nothing specific to the CPCI405, why add in an
> > empty file and the
>
> There _must_ be something in that file.  At a minimum it has
> to define the board information structure.

Okay.  Here's my latest thoughts.  Which might or might not make sense.  We
now define CONFIG_TREEBOOT and CONFIG_EMBEDDEDBOOT for 4xx.  Lets add in
CONFIG_PPCBOOT, and then in ppc4xx.h, and possibly mpc8xx.h (I haven't looked)
we can do
#ifdef CONFIG_TREEBOOT
#include <asm/treeboot.h> /* Tree board info struct */
#elif defined(CONFIG_EMBEDDEDBOOT)
#include <asm/embeddedboot.h> /* EP & others */
#elif defined(CONFIG_PPCBOOT)
#include <asm/ppcboot.h> /* PPCBoot */
#endif

Or not, 8xx currently does #include <asm/ppcboot.h> in lots of its files.

So, over-engineering or a good idea? :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/