BitKeeper and linuxppc_2_4_devel

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se
Thu Sep 20 02:43:38 EST 2001

Steven Scholz wrote:

> > Er, there's a problem?  I didn't know you could do a clone from the
> > http one, just the bk:// version.  I'll try updating the bk version
> > running on source later this afternoon.
> >
> > bk://source.mvista.com/tree does work tho.
> > Did the http version ever work?
>
> Is it posible at all to use bk:// through a proxie server?
> If so, please tell me how. Which Port?
> The BitKeeper docs aren't exactly very detailed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steven

Well I never got it to work and since I never read anything from anyone that
it works assumed it just was not implemented.

But now I did some more testing and it turns out that bk when using http://
thru a firewall really do need the port number part of the http_proxy env
variable or else it won't work.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson Business Innovation AB   Tel: +46 8 404 71 83
164 80 Stockholm                  kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se