4xx icache and tlb flushing

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Wed Sep 19 05:15:10 EST 2001

David Gibson wrote:

> First on icache flushing.  I noticed that flush_icache_page() has been
> changed to a no-op, wheras it used to flush the whole icache on 4xx.

It is now done when we detect a PTE change that affects an executable
region.

> Now two questions on tlb flushing.  First, 4xx uses a __tlbia() macro
> in local_flush_tlb_*().  Is there a reason we don't use the _tlbia()
> function already included in misc.S?

I dunno, avoids the function call?  We keep swapping between macros
and functions.  Whatever.

> ... Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

I thought I checked that in....maybe it's still hanging out in my
with a bunch of other random 4xx patches.  I'll look again.

	-- Dan