applications in HHL 2.0, 405GP

David Updegraff dave at cray.com
Wed Sep 19 02:49:25 EST 2001

Hi.

I need Tcl/Expect in our environment and HHL20 does not appear to include it,
and bringing it over from other PPC distributions (eg. Debian) just traps out
with "Illegal Instruction" ... which I presume is some floating point
instruction which the 405GP lacks.

My approach is to go get the Tcl/Expect sources and start building away..

Is there a better approach?  Is there a repository anywere where
PPC -msoft-float RPMs live that I could borrow from/contribute to?

Anyway, I thought it was the "theory" that the kernel was trapping the
float instructions and emulating them...???

Please advise. Thanx.

--
Dave Updegraff / dave at cray.com / 218-525-1154