Board names for 4xx

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Sep 17 14:16:05 EST 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 12:28:28PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 07:28:47AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
[snip]
> > machine:\t\t<Core>: <Board>
> > ie:
> > 405GP: IBM Walnut
> > 405GP: EmbeddedPlanet
> > or
> > 403CX: TiVo
>
> I don't see why - this information already appears in the "cpu:"
> field and on machines that do have the "machine:" field it doesn't
> generally include processor type information.

Well, because they usually (at least what I can think of, but I haven't
been on the userland side of things for a while) don't bother with
the cpu field.  Hence I was thinking of being able to case based on
'405GP'* instead of per-board.  Thats just my 2cents tho, take it for what
you will.

I do wish someone else would speak up tho.  Does anyone out there have an
opinion?

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/