MMU and BDI2000

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 16 01:17:29 EST 2001

In message <5.1.0.14.0.20010915223300.02bef9f0 at pop.gmx.de> you wrote:

> >default  translation  is  enabled.  See  the  BDI2000  user's manual,
> >Section "3.2.2 Part [TARGET]" (Entries "MMU XLAT  [kb]"  and  "PTBASE
> >addr") and Section "3.3.4 Embedded Linux MMU Support".
>
> You have no idea how often I had read this and I couldn't even find out if
> it belongs to my problem.
>
> How do I get the swapper_pg_dir? Is it the constant address from System.map?

You need the contents, like that:

(gdb) target remote bdi:2001
Remote debugging using bdi:2001
0x100 in ?? ()
(gdb) b start_here
Breakpoint 1 at 0xc0002180
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, 0xc0002180 in start_here ()
(gdb) p &swapper_pg_dir
$1 = (<data variable, no debug info> *) 0xc0130000

Now at the BDI2000 telnet prompt:

BDI>mm 0xf0 0xc0130000

And the again with GDB;

(gdb) c
Continuing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I've got to get something inside me. Some coffee  or  something.  And
then the world will somehow be better.
                                     - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_