Romboot problem

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Fri Sep 14 23:09:50 EST 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:39:03PM +0800, yah wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm trying to boot Linux from my custom board (MCP750).I compiled the kernel using zimage.initrd. And it can boot correctly via net. But when I fill it in the onboard flash, the system can't boot. Here are the boot trace.

<snip>

This doesn't make sense.  Are you running a custom board or an MCP750?
Looks like PPCBUG to me so it must not be a custom board.

Anyway, MCP750 needs residual data to boot since it's part of the
PReP port.  Are you using the standalone bugboot package to
correctly create a PPCBUG rombootable image?  See
http://members.home.net/mmporter/linux/linuxppc/bugboot-0.3.tar.gz

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.