In initrd, init program is needed or not?

Peter Barada pbarada at mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Fri Sep 14 00:18:33 EST 2001

>Hi, Peter Barada,
>Thank your explaination of init program in detail, however , I have
>another question:
>
>Where can I find the source code of the init program?
>Thank you again!

We 'borrowed' the init code from the ucLinux distribution (user/init).
I'm thinking of changing to the version that is distributed with HardHat.
I know that will be more code(hence larger footprint), but the
benifit of using an actively developing piece of code is very appealing.

Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada at motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)
WaveMark Solutions(wholly owned by Motorola)   781-270-0193 (fax)