sorry!Another question about flash!

Rod Boyce rod_boyce at DMCWave.com
Fri Sep 7 06:16:45 EST 2001

I don't suppose you have though of writing your own flash driver for your
custom hardware and I did this the other day there is nothing to it.  I now
have Intel Strata flash working in Linux 2.2.14 kernel using block mode
writes very fast if it helps I could send it to you but the block write bit
is for our custom hardware so it may not work for you.

Rod

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Kári Davíesson [mailto:kd at flaga.is]
	Sent:	Thursday, 6 September 2001 22:25
	To:	weiwu; linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org
	Subject:	RE: sorry!Another question about flash!

	Check the mtd code. It allready supports 28F320 (16 bit 4Mb).

	> 2.The "ftl or mtd" is only for PCMCIA?

	No. Check the mtd code. It can work with PCMCIA and ftl but they are
not
	necessary.

	> Can we use it in the general flash board ?such as ppc mother
board!

	I am using the mtd for 28F320 for a homegrown board, no pcmcia, no
ftl.
	Check the FLAGADM configuration in mtd.

	K.D.

	> I need help!Thank you very much!

	** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See
http://lists.linuxppc.org/