MVME5100 and bugboot fails

Brian Waite bwaite at cspi.com
Fri Sep 7 02:04:01 EST 2001

Tom,
I was in the process of writing the same message you wrote. I would be more
than willing to test the patch. Right now here is what I do in misc-simple.c

  /*
         * Find a place to stick the zimage and initrd and
         * relocate them if we have to. -- Cort
         */
        avail_ram = (char *)PAGE_ALIGN((unsigned long)_end);
        puts("zimage at:     "); puthex((unsigned long)zimage_start);
        puts(" "); puthex((unsigned long)(zimage_size+zimage_start));
puts("\n");
        if ( ((unsigned long)zimage_start  >= 0xf0000000) ||
              ((unsigned long)zimage_start <= 0x00800000) )

Is there a better way than testing against 0xf0000000 to tell if you are in
FLASH memory. I'd like something more generic or at least less hardcoded.
Anyway, send me any code you want tested and Ill let you know how it behaves.

--
Thanks

Brian