Cross GDB and core files

Cal Erickson cal_erickson at mvista.com
Thu Sep 6 07:54:52 EST 2001

Elan,
This was a problem with the 4.18 GDB. It was fixed in the HHL releases.
It is fixed in GDB 5.0x. from MontaVista.

Cal Erickson

Elan Feingold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get gdb compiled with host of 386-linux and target of
> ppc-linux, mostly for debugging core files.  The ppc_8xx-gdb that came with
> hardhat doesn't work, when I run it on a core file I get:

> warning: couldn't find general purpose registers in core file.
> warning: wrong size fpregset struct in core file.
>
> And if I try to build gdb from scratch using
> "./configure --target=ppc-linux" I get a cross gdb that has no clue how to
> read PPC ELF core files.
>
> Help.
>
> -elan

Cal Erickson                 MontaVista Software Inc.
Linux Consultant             1237 E. Arques Ave.
Phone (408) 328-0304         Sunnyvale CA 94085
Fax   (408) 328-9204         web http://www.mvista.com