microcodepatch

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Thu Oct 25 05:38:23 EST 2001

Kári Davíðsson wrote:

> Are there any known issues regarding the I2C patch and the ethernet
> driver?

You need to ensure the patch is suitable for the CPM on the processor
you have.  I know the USB SOF patch works on the 823/850 Rev. B processors,
but I don't remember where the others came from.  You should probably
visit Motorola's web site and get the patch specific to your processor
and update the microcode patch file.

> If I disable the microcode patch everything works fine, except the I2C
> stuff.

Depending upon the application, sometimes it is easier and faster to
simply use the software toggle agorithm on the pins rather than the
CPM controller.

	-- Dan