Problem using FEC on a860T

Jeremy Rosen Rosen.Jeremy at tms-pty.com
Tue Oct 23 11:00:50 EST 2001

well, actually the patch worked only partially...

the driver compiles, and registers properly, but doesn't seem to handle
RPC correctly.

I have the following message :

when both fec and normal CPM ENET are compiled,
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
portmap: RPC call returned error 101
Root-NFS: Unable to get mountd port number from server, using default

then a second atempt on the default port, with the same error.

I have captured no packets on any of the interfaces.

when I compile only with fec ( no CPM ENET )

it blocks at
Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 172.16.0.1
I still can't capture any packets,
the feth enable led isn't lit,
and the collision and Tx leds of the board FOR THE CPM are blinking
continuously...

after a couple of seconds, the kernel starts scrolling
eth0: tx queue full!.

did I do something wrong ???
thx
Jeremy