RAM reqd. for browser email client application..

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 17 22:25:45 EST 2001

In message <3BCCDB82.CB584200 at india.infogain.com> you wrote:

> I am going to use a browser application and email client on a powerpc based SBC(mpc823)
> with RTLINUX as OS , and a LCD pannel connected.

Do you really need RTLinux? I guess this is  _not_  fro  the  browser
and/or email part of your application...

> if anyone can give me a rough idea how much RAM i need for that , it would be great help.

You can probably squeeze it in 8 MB, but  you  will  feel  much  more
comfortable  with 16 MB. Of course, you could have strange ideas like
running a full-blown X11 and maybe even  Netscape  -  then  you  need
MORE.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de