dynamically linked Init hanging

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 17 07:12:58 EST 2001

In message <69AB2E42243FD511920200805FE64EAD0E3616 at ZBR01EXM01> you wrote:

> That means that I need to rebuild all my glibc and gcc for the MPC8xx, right ?

You need to rebuild all libraries and target applications for the 8xx
(patching glibc for the cache line size, forcing soft-float  for  all
libs  and  apps);  there is no need to rebuild a native PowerPC GCC -
but make sure you use the correct options when compiling 8xx files.

> And if I rebuild only the libraries of my /opt/target/lib directory
> and keep my hosts gcc/glibc configured for FPU and 32 cache line
> size. Do you think that I would be able to compile applications on
> host and run on target? I am asking that because I would like to have
> only one gcc/libc tools set on my host.

You will need a target version of the C library.

BTW: see also the Embedded PPC HOWTO.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The use of Microsoft crippleware systems is a sin that  carries  with
it its own punishment.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6bo3fr$pj8$5 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>