status of PPC405<->mainstream kernel merge?

Bryan Rittmeyer bryan at ixiacom.com
Tue Oct 16 09:51:33 EST 2001

Hi guys,

I'm wondering what the status is of the 405GP/405CR support in the
"mainstream"  Linux kernels. Is it ready for production use? If not,
what's the newest-but-stable PPC405 kernel availible right now?

We've been using linux-2.4.2-mvista_04-12-01 off of Montavista's FTP
site, and have hit some serious problems regarding its VM behavior
under OOM. I want to upgrade to something newer to take advantage
of all the upstream bug fixes, and also to be able to debug/develop
against (more) current kernels....

Regards,

Bryan

--