Numbering of system calls

Frederic Soulier soulier at aztec-radiomedia.com
Thu Oct 11 17:19:07 EST 2001

Sorry for my last "very interesting" message...

> Kernel crashes and, among other things, it shows "Last syscall: 4".
> How can I relate that to actual syscall being executed?

This is related to the last syscall executed by the current thread.
Have a look at $KERNELDIR/arch/ppc/kernel/process.c

For the corresponding system call you should look at the
$KERNELDIR/include/asm-ppc/unistd.h (or $KERNELDIR/arch/ppc/kernel/misc.S),
the 4th syscall is "write".

Regards,

Fred

---
     Frederic Soulier    -    Aztec Radiomedia  /  Digigram Europe
  31, rue du chemin de fer,  F-67087 Strasbourg Cedex 2, France
   Phone : +33 (0) 3 88 30 90 90  /  Fax : +33 (0) 3 88 30 90 99
                     Web site : http://www.digigram.com