Intel TL82543GC gigabit Ethernet driver...

James F Dougherty jfd at krakatoa.gigabitnetworks.com
Thu Oct 11 14:14:53 EST 2001

Siva,

I have to put on my Broadcom marketing hat right now.

Why don't you just use the Broadcom BCM5701? It has an integrated
10/100/1000 copper PHY, supports hardware TCP/IP/UDP and ethernet
checksumming, Dual programmable (RX/TX) 133Mhz MIPS R2K cores,
and is very cheap. Also, they have drivers and source code for
VxWorks, BSD, Windows 98/NT/2K, Solaris, Netware, and oh,
did I mention Linux, yes, fully supported with 570x doing HW
checksum of IP/UDP/TCP and ethernet!

Call me if you need me to put you in touch with the right people.
Also, if you decide to use this part, I will help you with any
network problems you have;I should know, I work on them =8^)

BTW, I am using Broadcom BCM5701 on my HHL 2.0 LinuxPPC system
right now.

Hope this helps.
					-James

James F. Dougherty