status of gdb with recent linuxppc devel kernel for 405GP

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue Oct 9 06:01:31 EST 2001

Matthias Fuchs wrote:

> is it currently possible to use gdb with the recent devel version of the
> 405GP kernel ?
> It seems not, am I right ?

There were some issues with context switching the debug registers that
I didn't sort out when I pushed the recent changes.  I believe I just
received, or will soon receive, a patch from Armin that will correct this.

> Some weeks ago somebody send me a patch for the old 2.4.2 kernel to get
> gdb working. Is this checked in already ?

I don't believe that will work in the latest kernel.  All of the recent
updates I have made came from the HHL 2.0 release, which is based on
a 2.4.2 kernel. The gdb support is certainly working there, and if it would
have merged without changes, it would also be in the latest tree.

Thanks.

	-- Dan