Hard disk and segmentation violation.

Steve Rossi srossi at labs.mot.com
Sat Oct 6 02:28:04 EST 2001

I just had this exact same problem earlier this week. I read the archives regarding
the use of ioremap in early kernel initialization. Still I don't yet have a good
grasp on what space can be mapped 1:1 in arch/ppc/mm/init.c and what cannot. For
now my solution was to move the harddisk up to 0xF8000000.  I chose that space only
because other boards use that address for IO space. Apparently this can be 1:1
mapped. I don't get seg faults with fdisk anymore.

Steve

Steven K. Rossi                     srossi at labs.mot.com
Staff Engineer
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Motorola Labs