xconfig

Pierre AUBERT p.aubert at staubli.com
Sat Oct 6 01:39:26 EST 2001

Tom Rini wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:55:48PM +0200, Pierre AUBERT wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with the 'make xconfig'. I try to use it on a 2.4.10
> > kernel for power PC, I have the following
> > error messages when I save the config file :
> > ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
> > (CONFIG_SCC_ENET).
> > ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
> > (CONFIG_FEC_ENET).
>
> Yeap.  Try the following patch.  It is old, I just looked and it won't
> apply cleanly, but it should give you an idea how the right fix should
> look.  If you can make this patch apply to the current tree and send it
> back to me I'd appreciate it.
> still.

Your patch solves my problem (even if some line numbers are false, it works
except for arch/ppc/8xx_io/Config.in but I don't understand why it fails).
Thank you very much. I think it would be included in a future release ...
Regards

Pierre Aubert                   |   Phone:  +33 4 50 65 62 88
                                |   Fax:    +33 4 50 65 62 08
STÄUBLI Faverges                |
Place Robert STÄUBLI            |   Mailto:p.aubert at staubli.com
74210 Faverges FRANCE           |   http://www.staubli.com