What is hex num for in progress messages ?

Cort Dougan cort at fsmlabs.com
Thu Oct 4 06:48:05 EST 2001

I orginally added the progress mechanism for the IBM RS/6000's.  Some have
a LCD display (the progress messages appear there) and som others only had
a panel with 4 7-segment LED displays.  The numbers are supposed to be
unique to each message so it's possible to look the message up.

} Please forgive my ignorance, but for sometime I've been wondering what
} that hex number passed to the ppc_md.progress function is for.  Do
} certain debuggers like xmon use it?
}
} Thanks,
} Jeff Kowing