BK to CVS?

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Oct 4 04:32:45 EST 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:05:59PM -0400, Kent Borg wrote:

> We use cvs internally and I am trying to get all the daily patches out
> of Bitkeeper and into a cvs module.  Are others doing this?  Is it
> reasonable?  If so, how are you doing it?

Doing this daily isn't too horrid.  Use the rsync version and tag
a tree daily.  Thats more or less what I do.

> I tried using "bk export" to generate a patch file I could apply to my
> cvs tree, but there are Id keywords that cvs honored the last time
> around making the patch not apply properly.

Yeap.  One thing you can try is to un-export the keywords first.  Ie
change them back into BK Id: %x% %..%

> Finally, I tried writing some perl to post-process the "bk export"
> patch to remove the simple Id changes.  Cool, but bunches of files, at
> least in yesterday's pull, have changes up near the Id and so are part
> of the same patch hunk, and catching that in a perl script is going to
> be a lot harder.

Smaller hunks and change 'em back into the unexported form?

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/