Problem with Sanpoint and IDE access

Claire Troussier troussier at digigram.com
Thu Oct 4 00:31:38 EST 2001

Hi,

I am using Montavista 2.4.2_hhl20 with a Sanpoint (8240) board and I am
trying to add a hard disk on the IDE interface. I can access the hard
disk correctly. If the hard disk has previously been formated and
partitionned on another Linux system I can mount all the existing
partitions and access all the files on this hard disk. If I try to write
on it the partition table is totally destroyed and I cannot acces
anymore to the hard disk. It seems that read operations are correctly
performed but not write operations.

In the same way if I try to add a new partition, when I save it the
existing partion table is totally destroyed

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

Claire