Ramdisk: kernel panic...

Prasad, Siva Siva.Prasad at smartm.com
Wed Oct 3 02:57:22 EST 2001

Hi,

I am getting the same "Kernel panic" message still even after using
'ash.static' in place of '/bin/sh'. So, I guess this is not a library
problem. Then what is it?... and how to go about debugging this problem.

I just want to try out '/bin/sash' also. How to get that code which is in
professional version of HHL 2.0.

I am just calling
execve("/bin/sh", ...
and not any of the init's.
Found that 'do_execve' returns fine, after that kernel panics.

Using Linux_2_4_devel source as on Sep 26th. For PPC750 board. Using Force's
PowerBoot as boot loader. Using 'PowerCore' option for building.

Thanks in advance.

-- Siva