kernel panic while Booting 8240

Andrew Johnson anj at aps.anl.gov
Tue Oct 2 01:35:45 EST 2001

Ofer Rashuk wrote:

> I'm using 8240 on a costume board with Monta Vista LSP.
> while booting after system has been mounted i am receiving an Kernel Panic.

Check that your target's /sbin directory actually has an init binary in it
- I had problems when installing the Sandpoint LSP which meant that a
third of the binaries were missing (/bin/mount was another example).  I
had to install some of the RPMs by hand to fix this.

- Andrew
--
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add,
but when there is no longer anything to take away.