BDI2000 PTEs

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Wed Nov 28 15:28:48 EST 2001

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:

> ..... At the moment I have memory translation enabled in BDI2000.
> PTBASE is set to 0xf0 and this entry is cleared.

That's not correct.

> .... This works for kernel
> debugging, but memory translation fails when I try to do dynamically loaded
> module debugging.

That's because without a page table the BDI2000 defaults to 1:1 translation.
By clearing the location above you told the BDI2000 that no page tables
are available.

> I guess I have to set PTE pointers for BDI2000.

No, you don't.  Just use a newer kernel that has this feature available for
all processors.  You could also copy the couple of lines of code from a
newer kernel into your 2.4.4 if you insist.

Thanks.

	-- Dan