VT on SandPoint

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Wed Nov 21 22:29:04 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:32:34PM -0000, Sarnath  Kannan wrote:

> Hi All,
>  If any1 could tell me sthg on
> how to enable VT on sandpoint, it would
> be of great use.
>  Currently My Console is on a serial line.
> I have a video ( PCI) card, which linux
> identifies but i m not  able to get my console
> on it..
>  I have added "conswitchp = &dummy_console" during
> the initn time.
>   The kernel doesnt even recognize /dev/tty0
> as a valid device.

Works here, Sandpoint X3B w/ 7410 or 8240 and Matrox Millenium I Rev. B.
Enable VT support, console on VT, conswitchp is set properly in
linuxppc_2_4_devel.

Perhaps you aren't using a video driver capable of doing full
initialization?  Most PeeCee card drivers don't.  Does it say
that it is switching console during boot?

--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.
mporter at mvista.com