linuxppc_2_4_devel on walnut

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se
Fri Nov 16 05:06:23 EST 2001

Armin Kuster wrote:

> Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> >
> > But the ethernet reporting of the line is wrong. This is a problem with the
> > printout only as the function is right. The 100Mb full duplex is reported to
> > be 10Mb half and vise verse.
> >

> Kenneth;
>
> I finally got arround to looking into this and the problem is the
> status.
> We use the status to program the emac to the same speed as the PHY.
>
> I have attach a patch the should correct this.

I saw that this was also in the devel tree so I updated my copy and yes the
printout is now right.

But "time dd if=/dev/zero of=testing bs=1024k count=100" on a nfs mouted fs
used to be 18s and is now 21s, a 16% slowdown not that I care much but still
quite a large difference.

And I have not tired this on my 10Mb port yet as I still have only one active
but as soon as they work again I test on 10Mb.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson Business Innovation AB   Tel: +46 8 404 71 83
164 80 Stockholm                  kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se