Linuxppc and MPC8255 routing performance

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Wed Nov 14 05:21:38 EST 2001

Ricardo Scop wrote:

> As for our performance troubles, there have been some improvements; we were
> making some mistakes regarding both FCC and PHY programming.

FYI, a major telecommuniation company paid for independent laboratory
certifcation of this driver (and Linux) under a variety of performance
and error conditions.  After a couple of iterations, it passed the
certification testing and I believe all of the modifications are in
this driver (at least it was my intention to ensure they are public).
I don't remember which PHY was used for the testing, but please don't
attack this as a "can't possibly work" problem and start hacking it up.

Thanks.

	-- Dan