linuxppc_2_4_devel on walnut

Wright, David dwright at infiniswitch.com
Thu Nov 8 04:47:14 EST 2001

If you're trying to boot a Walnut with an NFS root, it can be done,
but things have changed a bit from earlier versions.  We have it
working on 2.4.14-pre3.

1)  You still need a command line with the nfs root directive

2)  Your .config and autoconf.h need to specify both CONFIG_ROOT_NFS
    and CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP.

There may be a way to do it with command line options, but I just
said the heck with it and changed net/ipv4/ipconfig.c to set the
default value of ic_enable to 1.  It used to be default 1, but now
is default 0.

  -- David Wright, Consulting Engineer, InfiniSwitch Corp.