mvista 2.0 cdk and login username and password

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 6 06:42:28 EST 2001

Hello

What's the root login password for a newly installed sbs-k2, cdk 2.0,
target login?  The final paragraph of the sbs-k2
installation section (in the pdf) says to login, but doesn't specify a
password for root.

I installed the cd and when I try to login to a nfs root mounted partition,
I get a login prompt, but I can't login.
My installation doesn't   have a /..../target/etc/passwd file, which leads
me to believe I missed something during
the install.  However, I searched the CD for rpm's and none of them
owns/supplies  the /.../target/etc/passwd file.
Am I supposed to modify the inittab on the host machine so it boots single
user mode and create the /etc/password
file by hand, modify the inittab for multiuser mode and then reboot?

Also, when am I going to get a hardhat zone login id?  I am sure MVista has
a FAQ which addresses this issue.

John F. Davis
IBM