LIB_PATH for cross compiling

Michael Habermann MHabermann at gmx.de
Wed May 16 15:41:23 EST 2001

Hi!

I cross compile from i386 to ppc. If I compile a simple C program, the
linker searchs the libc.so.6 in the /lib path instead of the
/usr/local/powerpc-linux/lib. If I specify the path explicit, it works.

I've tried to make changes in binutils/ld/Makefile and
binutils/ld/genscripts, but found no solution.

How can I change the search path of the linker so that I can simply replace
gcc with powerpc-linux-gcc for simple programs?

I know the question has been asked several times before, but I've not found
an answer in the mailing list that I can use.