Ethernet support on MPC8260

Centoletti Pietro Pietro.Centoletti at icn.siemens.it
Mon May 14 18:22:49 EST 2001

Hi All,

my name is Pietro Centoletti and I am working on the porting
of Linux on our embedded system controller. This board is
MPC 8260 based. We use the SCC1 and SCC2 ports as Ethernet
interfaces (10 BaseT). We would like to use both interfaces and we
have the Linux Kernel 2.4.3-pre2. With this kernel we can support
only one Ethernet interface mapped on SCC ports.
Can you help me in understanding if I can use two Ethernet interfaces
on SCC ports (SCC1 and SCC2)?

Thanks and Best regards

Pietro Centoletti
Siemens Information and Communication Networks SpA
R&D Transport Network Fiber Systems
System Architecture
località Boschetto
67100 L' Aquila