gdb problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 11 03:40:53 EST 2001

In message <IGEFJKJNHJDCBKALBJLLGEDNENAA.joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se> you wrote:

> I am trying to debug ppclinux 2.4 and ppcboot on RPX CLLF board
> connected to an Abatron emulator.

Did you invalidate the M_TWB in the BDI config file ("WSPR  796  0"),
and did you enable address translation ("MMU XLAT") ?

> When I print variables in gdb I get an <error type> message

And what was the EXACT error message?

> instead of the variable value. Breakpoints and stack trace etc. works
> fine. I have enabled -g switch to gcc.

Which version of GDB are you using, and which firmware version of the
BDI2000? (b20ppcgd.108 has been out for some time).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The typical page layout program is nothing more  than  an  electronic
light table for cutting and pasting documents.