After add CONFIG_MODULES,it works noting?

Kim, Kwansuk kskim at neowave.co.kr
Tue May 8 11:54:44 EST 2001

If you don't use driver as module, whenever you modify the driver you should compile the kernel.
(I think it's one of the reasons why module is used)

And if you want you the driver, I suggest using KGDB.
Using KGDB you can even debug dynamically linked modules by add-symbols command (maybe) during exploring (almost) all the kernel source.
There is the method in "Linux Device Drivers" (O'reilly) Chap. 4.

  Kwansuk Kim
  Engineer, NeoWave Inc.
  Tel   +82-31-380-4927    Fax +82-31-380-4747
  E-mail: kskim at neowave.co.kr