Networking problems, linuxppc2.4, RPX CLLF, Montavista

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Sat May 5 00:55:57 EST 2001

Thanks!

This solved my problem. I saw that ip address 127.0.0.1 was used in
a telnet session and that made me to look over my dhcp server conf.
Once I gave my board a real hostname and removed the nis domain option
things started to work!

It seems that 2.4 needs a real hostname(2.2 does not) to operate
correctly. If no hostname is specified in the dhcp conf, Linux will
use the IP address as hostname and dnsdomaninname.

   Jocke