Networking problems, linuxppc2.4, RPX CLLF, Montavista

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Fri May 4 17:54:57 EST 2001

Hi all

I have this strange network problem and I can not figure out whats wrong.

I running linuxppc2.4 from Cort's tree on a RPX CLLF(cpu PPC860T) and a file
system
from the Montavista CDK 1.2(with the latest updates). I NFS mount my root
fs, created a
local user(I can login on my local user). Ping works both ways(from RPX to
my Linux host
and vice versa).

But I can not telnet or ftp from my linux host to RPX, I get "connection
refused"(inetd is
running on RPX) and if I telnet(or ftp) from RPX to my Linux host it takes
1-2 minutes
until I get a login prompt.

BUT if I boot the 2.2.14 kernel that came with the Montavista CDK 1.2
everything works!

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have searched all www & mailing
lists I can think of
but I seem to alone with this problem.

Please help.

       Jocke