mkcramfs changes to switch endianness

Matthew Locke mlocke at mvista.com
Fri May 4 04:48:56 EST 2001

David Blythe wrote:

> Steve Hein wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiousity, where do you get the source for the transmeta
> > changes (their Midora Linux, I assume....).  I went looking at their
> > web site, and the FTP location they pointed to contained a
> > midora-1.0.0-beta1*.tar.gz file that was only 36K.....where's the real
> > thing?

that file is just the build structure/files.  once you install that you
need to download the rest from the apps dir on the ftp site.  start at
http://midori.sourceforge.net.

> We used this, as a starting point (or one of the other references to
> this patch, i just did a google search to find it again).
>
> http://lwn.net/2001/0118/a/cramfs.php3

That is the patch include with midori.  If i remember correctly, it is
included in the kernel mlz. mlz is the midori packaging method,
basically a tar gz file.

> I was hoping that it was all on sourceforge, but I guess not.  We should
> finish integrating the endianness changes against this patch pretty
> soon.  Maybe if someone else knows if there is a more up to date version
> around they could let us know.

it is all there on sourceforge, just need to dig a little:)