placing of ioremap ?

ashish anand ashisha at india.infogain.com
Tue May 1 22:38:35 EST 2001

I have one question regarding the placing of ioremap call
suppose i have done ioremap call inside the mm/init.c
for pci i/o or memory space ..and if this space is above
the ioremap_base i would be having the virtual address
equal to physical address

now i don't need to call ioremap inside the driver code
since the resources (either pci i/o or memory or both) that
i am supposed to give a particular card has already been
ioremapped by now
in case my bios has not done the resource allocation
i have to just write the proper values in PCI_BASE_ADDRESS
registers of that pci card. Am I Correct?