Stability of MontaVista's 2.4.0-test2-1.2.2-1

Sébastien Côté scote1 at matrox.com
Thu Mar 29 05:26:57 EST 2001

Hi,

Did anyone have stability problem with MontaVista's kernel
2.4.0=test2-1.2.2-1 ???  I'm running  it on a board similar to Sandpoint
with a 7400 processor and sometimes it crashes because "current->mm ==
NULL" (from do_page_fault).

I'm not using any initrd but a shell (ash) instead.  This seems to
happen when I run a lot of programs in my script.  I also seems to be
related to a synchronisation problem since it gets a lot more stable
when I add "printk"s in the functions switch_mm and activate_mm.

This could also be related to the fact that I'm running in little-endian
but since it only crashes once in a while, I would doubt it!  So I'm a
bit suspicious about this test kernel, did anybody else have problems
with it??

Sébas..