booting HardHat on IBM 405GP

Frank Rowand frank_rowand at mvista.com
Wed Mar 28 07:16:29 EST 2001

Zehetbauer Thomas wrote:

> It seems that execution stops when calling rfi in
> arch/ppc/kernel/head_4xx.S. I have put the sample code provided to
> output a single character on the serial port immediately before the rfi
> call and after the after the start_here label. Only the first is beeing
> executed. Any ideas?
>
> Tom

What kernel version are you using?  Where did you get the kernel?
What is the console output, from power on to the point where it hangs?

> > Zehetbauer Thomas wrote:
> > >
> > > My company is going to develop an embedded solution based
> > on a IBM 406GP
> > > processor.
> > > We are in early development right now and I am trying to
> > boot linux on a
> > > evaluation kit (this is the information on the bill of delivery).
> > >
> > > Attempting to debug I've found
> > linux/arch/ppc/boot/tree/main.c:start to
> > > be the first function executed.
> > > At the very last step this function calls
> > > and I can't find where execution goes on.
> > >
> > > PS: Does someone know how to determine the board's revision number?

Check the PVR reported by the bootrom when you power on or reset the Walnut.

405GP rev B    PVR: 40110040
405GP rev C    PVR: 40110082
405GP rev D    PVR: 401100c4

-Frank