Proposed new kernel noncaching memory allocator for the 405gp

Ralph Blach rblach at intrex.net
Fri Mar 23 02:34:03 EST 2001

David,

This is what I propose,

I propose a kmalloc_noncache and a kfree_noncached.

These would be module and would be loaded when necessary.  They would
operate allocating say 16k (could be any size)  of memory during boot
time
and then mapping it non cached.  The the kmalloc_noncached routine would

carve out little chucks of it and the free routine would release it.  It

would also have a noncached to real routine
to return the real address of a noncached section.

Does this sound interesting?

Chip

--
Ralph "Chip" Blach