possible problem in memory management

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Thu Mar 22 07:52:26 EST 2001

Matthias Fuchs wrote:

>   CPU:   IBM PowerPC 405GP Rev. C at 198 MHz (PLB=99, OPB=49, EBC=33 MHz)

Get yourself an up to date Rev. D CPU.  The Rev. C workarounds in
the kernel were reasonable attempts, but probably aren't complete.
Since the Rev. D fixes all of these problems, we stopped debugging
all of the little Rev. C problems because they were just too time
consuming.

You also need specially patched user libraries for anything older
than Rev. D, and you can't use these patches libraries on Rev. D,
so we stopped supporting that as well and simply suggest (require)
the upgrade to the working Rev. D silicon.

	-- Dan