Problem about running kernel with root fs

Wolfgang Grandegger wolfgang at ces.ch
Tue Mar 20 02:24:14 EST 2001

Carl Lin wrote:

> Please help :
>
> I try to run Linux kernel 2.4.0-test13-pre2 (ramdisk size
> =4096KB and initrd supported) with a root fs (hello.rfs
> from BlueCat) on a board equivalent to TQM855L with the
> following configuration :

As far as I know the BlueCat Root File System (RFS) is not
exactly the same thing than initrd. The RFS is similar to the
one used on LynxOS. On a BlueCat Linux kernel you must set
CONFIG_BLUECAT_RFS (and unset CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD) to enable
the BlutCat RFS kernel extension but I guess the kernel you
use is not from BlueCat anyhow. There are also differences in
the way the rootfs is setup at boot time.

Hope this helps,

Wolfgang.