es1371.o sound module on a IBM405 gp walnut

Brad Parker brad at parker.boston.ma.us
Mon Mar 19 11:02:27 EST 2001

Ralph Blach wrote:

>I am trying to get an es1371. sound module working on an IBM405 walunt
>developement kit.  8 bit sound works ok
>but 16 bit sound sounds like noise.  Will this driver have to be made
>Endian  aware?

I tried it with madplay and found that it seemed to almost work; the
sound was slightly rough but 'working'.  It sounded just slightly
distorted but I was not sure if that was due to the version of madplay
I was using or the es1371 driver.  It certainly wasn't noise...

I'm not sure what madplay was putting out - it may have been 8 bit
stereo (but I thought it would go for 16 bit stereo).

This was running the linuxppc_2_5 branch, however, and only after I
made some minor pci fixes.

what are you sending out and how? (i.e. cat xxx >/dev/ds

-brad